Code of Ethics for Students and Parents
At Gotta Dance! we strive to offer the highest level of dance education in a positive, respectful, and nurturing environment. In order to develop and maintain this environment, we ask all of our students and their parents to abide by the following guidelines:
STUDENT’S CODE OF ETHICS
- I will arrive 5-10 minutes early to class.
- I will wear the proper dance attire or be prepared to sit out of class
- I will wear my hair pulled back neatly and securely off my face.
- I will serve as a proper role model to the younger dancers at all times, using language and behavior which is appropriate.
- I will respect my parents and teachers at all times before, during and after dance class.
- I will not talk in class while my instructor is giving instructions.
- I will be polite to all students, staff and instructors at all times.
- I will not walk on the dance floor with street shoes on.
- I will make sure I pick up after myself in order to keep the studio clean.
- I will act with proper dance etiquette at all times.
- I understand that I can be dismissed from class for misbehavior.
PARENT’S CODE OF ETHICS
The vision of Gotta Dance! is to provide all young dancers exceptional role models in a healthy and encouraging environment. I recognize the importance of dance in the lives of young people; I pledge that I will participate in my child’s dance activities in accordance with the following:
- I will promote teamwork and sportsmanship for all dancers and spectators in a positive manner.
- I will not question the judgment of any faculty member or choreographer.
- I will support my child’s class, teachers, and choreographers and resolve to allow the teachers to manage their dancers and choreography as they feel best benefits the entire class.
- Because I am a role model for my child as well the other dancers, my personal conduct at the studio, performances and other studio events must be above reproach, and represent the highest standards of morality, teamwork and sportsmanship.
Therefore, I pledge that:
- I will exhibit exemplary behavior at the studio and at performances.
- I will at all times control my emotions and will be considerate of all dancers and parents’ collective emotions.
- I will not make disparaging remarks of any type with regard to teachers, choreographers, choreography placement, costumes, other parents, other schools or publicly criticize them in the studio or course of any event.
- I will direct all inquiries to the Gotta Dance! Administration.
- I will encourage my child to the best of my ability at all times.
- I will not make a judgment on my child’s performance and always will be there to support them.
- I will never make a negative comment concerning other parents or their children, whether they are from Gotta Dance! or another school.
- I will always applaud for all dancers.
- I accept this “Code of Ethics” and agree to conduct myself according to the principles and regulations of Gotta Dance! I realize that my child or I may be removed from any dance event for failure to comply.
For Rates and General Studio Policies, click HERE.