Frequently Asked Questions
Questions on our kids rates, policies and dress codes can be answered here. Our mission statement and Code of Ethics can be read at this link. Below are several other questions that are frequently asked but if you don’t find the answer you’re looking for in this list, you can always contact us and we will do our best to get you the information you need!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is there a registration fee?
- Yes! Our annual registration fee is $25 per student/$15 for each additional family child and must be paid in FULL prior to the start of classes. You can pay on our website by credit card, or in the studio by check, cash, or credit card.
- Is there a dress code?
- Yes! There are some rules that apply to everyone – but for dress codes rules specific to each class please see our website. Some things that everyone can keep in mind are: no jewelry, hair must be up and out of your face, and dance shoes may only be worn on the dance floor. Do NOT wear your dance shoes outside, and do not wear street shoes on the dance floor! Dance shoes are expensive and walking outside in them ruins the special bottoms which provide protection for the dancer.
- The most important reason for the dress code is to ensure teachers are able to assess dancers’ form and alignment. Please ensure all parts of your child’s shoes are labeled!
- Can we try a class before registering for it?
- Of course. If there is room in the class, you may try it out! Call us and let us know which class you would like to try.
- Do we have to pay tuition in full at the beginning of the semester?
- Yes. If you need special arrangements made, speak to the Studio Director about it.
- Is class attendance mandatory?
- Yes! It is vital that your dancer come to class. If they are injured, but are able to sit in the studio and watch their class and take notes, please bring them! If you know in advance that your student will be absent, please call and inform the studio as soon as possible. While we understand there will be extenuating circumstances, missing classes leading up to the recital will result in your dancer not being able to participate in recital. We do have mandatory attendance weeks leading up to recital. Attendance during this time is absolutely mandatory.
- Are recital rehearsals mandatory?
- Absolutely! Tech rehearsal and dress rehearsal are mandatory and absence from either will result in your dancer not being able to participate in recital. We cannot make exceptions to this rule.
- Where do I purchase dance clothing or shoes?
- Gotta Dance! Studio! We sell a variety of leotards, tights, and shoes in the studio. All of our teachers can help measure and fit your dancer in the studio. If we don’t have the right size, we can place an order and get relatively fast delivery times.
- What is your music and costume philosophy for kids?
- Gotta Dance! is well versed in the negative impact of inappropriate music, suggestive dance choreography and costume selection and are wholeheartedly committed to ensuring children in our studio are not subjected to any inappropriate songs, costuming, or choreography. We believe that children should look and dance like children.
- Are you on social media?
- Facebook is a great way for us to make announcements, so we encourage all families to “Like” our Gotta Dance Facebook page. Please follow our Instagram at Gottadance2015 where we post videos and photos from the studio and inspirational messages for our students. We really appreciate social media support and positive reviews from happy families!